BAR AND COIL-FED SYSTEMS
ASC Machine Tools, Inc. has been serving the metal building industry since 1949 and our innovation in equipment design is apparent in the ASC Flange Line Equipment.
Our CNC controlled Flange Line Systems are utilized for the Flange and Plate fabrication for Primary Building Frames.
ASC bar-fed Flange Lines run bar stock up to 1¼" (32 mm) thick and 24" (610 mm) wide.
Our coil-fed Flange Lines run coil material up to ½" (13 mm) thick and 24" (610 mm) wide.
All pieces of equipment can be purchased separately or together as a complete line.The following gallery will give you a brief overview of ASC Flange Line components.
BAR FED FLANGE LINES:
This equipment receives bar stock, and punches and cuts it to length for building frame end-plates, frame flanges and column base plates.
Raw bars are selected from stocking positions under a material retrieval crane system.
The crane places bars onto an auto-centering conveyor for transporting to the indexing feed roll.
The Servo feed roll positions the bar in the punch head and the shear for precise hole locations and accurate part length.
Finished parts can be dropped into bins or longer parts can exit onto powered conveyor systems.
BAR FED FLANGE Features:
- Automatic bar retrieval system activated from the control console
- Fast, automatic centering of bar stock on the in-feed conveyor
- Closed-loop Servo feed system
- Infinitely variable punching and length dimensions
- Short part length capability
- Single operator system reduces overhead
- Modular components offer expandability
COIL FED FLANGE LINES:
This equipment runs coil stock, punching and cutting it to length for building frame end-plates, frame flanges and webs. Coils range up to ¼" (6 mm) thick x 24" (610 mm) wide or ½" (13 mm) thick x 12" (305 mm) wide.
Coils are mounted on an ASC Uncoiler with Powered Nip Arm and extendable peeler table for hands-free coil thread-up. The Servo-driven Straightener/Feeder both flattens and positions the coil material for the punch station and the shear.
Finished parts can be dropped into bins or longer parts can exit onto powered conveyor systems. Coil joining can be incorporated as an option to further increase productivity and reduce scrap rates.
COIL FED FLANGE Features:
- Hands-free coil thread-up
- Extendable peeler table
- Nose-bending device to pre-form lead edge for thread-up
- Wide range of material thickness and width adjustability for flattener
- Precise closed-loop Servo-driven feed rolls for accurate lengths
- Short part length capability
- Optional coil joining station reduces scrap
FLANGE LINE Accessories:
- A Drilling Station can be added as an option for holes smaller in diameter than the material thickness, further increasing productivity in the line.
- Plasma Cutting can be added as an option.
- Accessory Cranes and Conveyors can be added for customized material handling downstream.
- Servo Controlled Punch Heads can be provided with different punch arrangements to optimize line-up time and punching versatility.
- Multiple Selectable Punch Heads are available for ultimate versatility and up-time.
- Hydraulic Punch or Cutoff Stations, with up to 450-ton capacity.
- Part Marking Systems are available, Punch or Print type.
If you have any questions or need more detailed information please contact us.
Your Regional Sales Manager will be happy to discuss all available options to shape your success!